Lady Narlene McLaughlin
married my husband, Vaughn McLaughlin in June of 1978. We have now been married for over 30 years. I was born again in September of 1982, and tried to live a consistent Spirit-filled life in Christ ever since. My husband began pastoring in 1987. I left my job as Operations Manager with American Heritage Life Insurance Company to work with him in full time ministry in August of 1988, two months after we began what is now The Potter’s House Christian Fellowship.
I have worked in virtually every phase of ministry within the church:
- Initiated and directed our Nursery Ministry for about 5 years;
- Initiated and produced tapes for the Tape Ministry for over two years;
- Directed and administered the Stewardship/Accounting Ministry for 9 years;
- Participated in regular Jail and Prison Visitations;
- Served with the Inspirational Care/Nursing Home and Hospital Visitation Ministry for several years;
- Conducted live radio ministry with my husband for a couple of years;
- Taught approximately 200 women each week in Sunday school class for 18 years, and later taught the young ladies group (18-29) for approximately 2 years;
- Have hosted and spoken at numerous women’s retreats and conferences;
- Was founding Principal and served as Administrator of our once 500 student Christian
- Academy for 10 years; also taught Psychology to senior students;
- Served for 3 years as an instructor for Logos Bible College;
- Have provided, and presently provides extensive spiritual, marital and financial counseling for countless;
- Presently serve as Chief Administrative Officer of The Potter’s House Christian Fellowship, Inc., assisting the Bishop in all of the administrative and corporate duties of the ministry; including overseeing staffing (presently over 160 full and part time), personnel benefits, facility acquisition and maintenance, construction management, budgeting, accounting and stewardship, marketing, ministries operations, etc.
My academic credentials include:
1970-1974 – Germantown High School, Germantown, Tennessee with a major concen-
tration English and Biology. Graduated summa cum laude.
1974-1978 – B.S. Degree in Psychology from the University of Tennessee, Martin, Tennessee. Graduated Magna cum laude.
1982-1984 – Florida Community at Jacksonville. 18 credit hours in Property and CasualtyInsurance Management and Basis Principles of Life Insurance.
1992-1994 – Logos Christian College. 9 credit hours in Biblical Studies.
1994-1996 – Masters of Science in Christian Education Administration from Pensacola Christian College, Pensacola, Florida.
My present position is that of Chief Administrative and Operations Officer for the overall ministry which includes the aforementioned responsibilities of the church, as well as pro- viding oversight for the church owned entities which include: Kingdom Plaza Mall, The Soul Food Bistro, King Pins Bowling Center, Temple Builders Fitness and The Potter’s House Christian Academy. I have served on the Board of Directors for numerous organizations, including Logos Bible College, School of Success Charter School and SISTERS OICU, Inc., a prison release program for women.
Bishop McLaughlin and I have, by God’s grace, reared two beautiful children (now grown), Angel and Stephen.